Ways to Help
We invite you to become an Up-LiFTer!
Become a Sponsor:
- Sponsor an after-school activity
- Fund a field trip
- Underwrite a scholarship for a student
- Provide a free service based on your occupation/business (coupon for lunch, ice cream,school materials, etc…)
- Host a fundraiser
- Fund a registration or materials fee for a student
- Underwrite a special lunch (pizza, salad bar, award luncheon, etc...
- Scholarships/funding for LiFT University student’s transportation to internships.
Help the Students by:
- Volunteering in a classroom, or as a tutor
- Providing jobs or internships for the older youth
- Providing school supplies (paper, pencils, notebook paper, folders)
- Talking to your group or organization about sponsoring a student or an event
- Speaking to a class about your job or expertise
- Answering the school phone
- Assisting a teacher by grading, cutting out items, etc...
- Laptop Computers
- Classroom set of Boomwhackers Set of beginner guitars or U
- T-shirts for student clubs
- Robotic Kits/parts/pieces
- Wireless microphone set
- Robotics traveling case to transport robot
- Student Computers
- TV for one of our classrooms
- Iron Filings, 12 oz
- Pull-Spring Scales to handle a variety of weights
- Various Elementary Science Kits
- Headsets with microphones
- Lab Cart (2)
- Wave Demonstration Set
- Microscopes (8)
- Graduated Cylinders of various sizes
- Periodic Table of the Elements Chart, Large
- pH Test Strips, pH 1-12, 5-ft Roll
- Acrylic Prism Set
- Introduction to Gravity Kit
- Centripetal Force Chamber
- Cloud Chamber
- Inclined Plane Set (with pulley)
- Second Law of Motion Demonstrator
- Balance scales (3)
Gifts of Cash/Credit Card
Cash is acceptable in any form, including by check, money order, credit card, and on-line.
Gifts of Securities or Appreciated Property
A gift of appreciated property – such as stocks, mutual funds, or real estate – may be accepted under appropriate circumstances. You may receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the property and avoid paying tax on the appreciation of the property or security.
Bequests and Beneficiary Designations
Donors are encouraged to make bequests to LiFT Academy under their wills and to name LiFT Academy as the beneficiary in trusts, life insurance policies, commercial annuities, and retirement plans. Sample bequest language: I give, devise, and bequeath ($___)(or a specific asset)(or %) to LiFT Academy for its unrestricted use and purpose of general support of LiFT Academy/University. LiFT Academy encourages donors to disclose their designations to the development office in writing.
Many employers match employee gifts to higher education. Companies may match dollar-for-dollar or more. Simply talk with our development office to see if your company participates in a matching gift program. The process is easy and usually requires filing out a short application. It is a simple way to increase your giving power to LiFT Academy and LiFT University.
At LiFT Academy and LiFT University, many students are able to attend the school on full scholarships provided by the local community. Tuition costs $10,950-$15,700 per year depending on grade level and the investment can be paid throughout the year.
An endowment consists of funds that are kept intact and invested. A portion of the earning from the endowment are applied to undesignated and designated purposes that may be determined at the outset by the donor(s); the proportion of earnings applied in this manner is set in accordance with the endowment spending policies determined annually. Please contact our Development Director Jodie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
These gifts have definite restrictions for their purposes or the conditions for which they may be disbursed and used.
Unrestricted gifts are gifts upon which the donor has not placed definite restrictions as to the method or purpose of expenditure and allows LiFT Academy and LiFT University to use the gifts in the most appropriate manner.
Tax Exempt Status of Gifts
In addition to philanthropic motivation for gifts to LiFT Academy and LiFT University, donors are permitted to take charitable contribution deductions (deductions allowed with respect to a charitable contribution) on Federal tax returns to the extent permitted by Treasury Department regulations. LiFT Academy and LiFT University is recognized as a non-profit corporation under the Internal Revenue Services’ 501c3 guidelines and as such, gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.