LiFT U Application Process
All parents must meet with someone from the LiFT administrative team.
Shadow Day #2
Your student must have a shadow day on campus at Lift University.
Submit application packet and required documents.
Attend a personal interview with Program Committee.
LiFT U Requirements
- 18-23 years old (or in last year of public school program)
- Cognitive assessment with documented intellectual disability
- Finished high school or complete high school at LiFT U
- The ability to learn and participate in inclusive classroom and work settings
- Demonstrate interest and desire to pursue educational, employment and life experiences through post-secondary education
- Agree to participate in periodic assessments throughout program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic academic skills (e.g., write sentences, elementary reading skills, follow directions in a group or individually)
Please Note:LiFT University Transition Program is selective. Meeting basic requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. In addition to submitting the required documentation, the candidates will interview with the LiFT University Program Committee.
How Do I Apply?
Complete and return the application packet and required documentation, including a non-refundable application fee of $450.00 payable to LiFT. Registration fee includes technology fee, student insurance, Renweb use, ITBS testing materials, library use and a yearbook.
Interview with Committee
Attend a personal interview with the LiFT University Program Committe
LiFT University Scholarship Information
LiFT accepts the McKay Scholarship, Gardner Scholarship, and Step Up for Students. A copy of your tax return and your W-2 form will be required LiFT also offers two scholarship opportunities within our school, the Joanne Gallagher Guardian Angel Scholarship or LiFT Board Scholarship.
Joanne Gallagher Guardian Angel Scholarship
LiFT families may also apply for the Joanne Gallagher Guardian Angel Scholarship and/or a limited scholarship from LiFT. Families applying for the Joanne Gallagher Guardian Angel Scholarship and/or LiFT scholarship must first go through the FACTS system.
LiFT Board Scholarship Opportunities
LiFT offers limited scholarships to families in financial need. Families can go through the FACTS system to apply. A copy of your tax return and your W-2 form will be required.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
The O’Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund is to offer financial assistance to young adults with Down syndrome – 18 and older – who are continuing to enrich their lives by taking classes or enrolling in postsecondary educational programs. Read more and download the application here: http://www.ndss.org/OTEF. For any questions regarding the O’Neill Tabani Enrichment Fund, please either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-221-4602.